Don’t you love the feeling of holding a real book in your hands?
With all the online tools, apps, and resources that are available nowadays, sometimes, a good book is the most helpful resource.
All the learning technologies can be fun and exciting. I am a big fan of learning innovations myself and I love my e-reader. Recommended Business English Tools
However, as a business English learner, it’s good to hold a structured, physical book in your hand every now and then.
Benefits of Books for Business English Learners
What are the benefits of using books for learning business English?
- A book is well structured and lets you follow a clear path.
- It’s physical, so it offers fewer distractions than online tools and it’s easier to focus on the material.
- Books are reliable. They are usually written by experts and contain the basics you need to know.
- A book is a resource you can always go back to. You can keep it within reach (e.g. on your desk) to find fundamental principles on how to use English.
As a language trainer, I think books are underestimated tools for English learners. Books are useful companions for language learners.
What if you need a good reference for business English communication skills? Online tools are often overwhelming. With a book, you can mark and look up useful principles.
That’s why I recommend these best business English books that serve as guides. Some books also include exercises for you to practice.
The Best Business English Books for Learners
1) English Grammar Practical English Usage
This book is a classic that answers all of your questions about English. It contains all the fundamentals of the English language you need to know in one book.
You will learn the most useful grammar and vocabulary in English with great examples. Moreover, the book shows you how to avoid the most common problems English learners have.
So, this book is a useful resource for any serious English learner!
2) Business English Speaking Speak Business English like an American
This brilliant self-study book focuses on improving your conversations in English for your work. Speaking English with confidence will certainly make you more successful at your job.
You will learn the most important expressions and phrases that you need at work. That’s why I find this book so useful. It even includes an audio CD with practice exercises to help you become more familiar with speaking English in business situations.
If you want to become more fluent in business English, you should definitely get this book!
3) Business English Writing How to write effective Business English
I know, writing in English can be a challenge. Emails, social media, business reports, letters…
If you need to write in English at work, this best-seller shows you a practical 4-step writing system. It will help you write simpler and more effective texts.
That’s why every business English learner who needs to write in English needs to own this book!
4) English Business Presentations HBR Guide to Persuasive Presentations
As a business professional, giving presentations is a skill that you need to master.
But it’s hard to know what makes a good presentation. Preparing for a presentation is a lot of work, especially if it’s in another language.
That’s why Harvard Business Review made this short, useful guide. It shows you how to prepare and give an effective presentation in English, so you don’t have to be scared of speaking in English in front of people.
This book by HBR is an ideal guide to help you prepare for your next business presentation in English.
5) Business English Vocabulary Cambridge Business English Dictionary
Every language learner needs a dictionary, so this book is a must-have for any serious learner of business English.
I always recommend the Cambridge dictionaries to English learners. Cambridge has great additional online tools, as well.
This business English book is brilliant and contains all the words you need to know in English for business!
Call to action
I would love to hear from you:
- Do you agree or disagree that books are great learning resources?
- What is your favorite resource for learning English?
Let me know by leaving a comment below!