Which business English certificate will you get?
I know that choosing the right Business English certificate is a difficult but important decision, so you should think carefully about the following questions:
- Is the business English certificate required or desired?
- What are your professional needs?
- What is your English language level?
- Which certificates are accepted internationally?
1. Determine if you need a Business English certificate and why
- an application: proof for your future employer
- a promotion or raise: proof for your current employer
- university admission: as a requirement for an MBA or Master’s programme
- yourself: for better opportunities in the future
2. Choose a Business English certificate based on your needs
Ask yourself: How much money, time, and effort can I invest in getting an English language certificate? When do you need it?
3. Choose a Business English certificate based on your level
4. Choose an internationally accepted certificate
- Cambridge English CAE
- Cambridge English CPE
- Cambridge BEC
- LCCI English for Business (EFB)
- International Communication TOEIC
List of Official English Certificates for Business and Work
- Academic – for people applying for higher education or professional registration, and
- General Training – for those moving to an English speaking country, or applying for secondary education, training programmes and work experience in an English-speaking environment.
The exam tests the four language skills: listening, reading, writing, and speaking.
2) Cambridge English CAE
3) Cambridge English CPE
Official Business English Certificates
5) Cambridge English BEC
- Cambridge English: Business Preliminary: You will learn to understand routine letters, make notes, follow basic presentations and advise clients on simple matters
- Cambridge English: Business Vantage: You will learn to understand the general meaning of reports, write non-routine letters and present arguments
- Cambridge English: Business Higher: You will learn to deal with unpredictable questions, argue a business case and write business reports
CEFR Level B1: Cambridge English: Business Preliminary (BEC Preliminary)
CEFR Level B2: Cambridge English: Business Vantage (BEC Vantage)
CEFR Level C1: Cambridge English: Business Higher (BEC Higher)
- The TOEIC Listening & Reading Test consists of two tests of comprehension assessment
- The newer TOEIC Speaking & Writing Test tests your pronunciation, vocabulary, grammar, fluency, overall coherence, and structure (organization of sentences)
8) LCCI English for Business
- want to develop these skills at a basic functional level,
- are already able to communicate in a business situation effectively, or
- are fluent and participate completely in all areas of business.
Which business English certificate is for you?